|Job Title:||Application and Systems Support Specialist (Permanent Role)|
|Also known as:||IT Helpdesk Application Support|
|Reports To:||IT Manager|
|Organisation Structure:||Scania Ireland Distributor|
|Note: This job description lists the main functions required to be performed by the employee. It is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee.|
Westward Scania, founded in 1959 is an independently owned, ISO 9001:2008 and Scania DOS (Dealer Operating Standards) accredited company, and it’s core business is the importation and sales of heavy vehicles and associated services. Westward has held the Scania franchise for the Republic Ireland since 1976.
Today, as part of the Traton group, Scania is a leading manufacturer of heavy trucks, bus & coaches and Scania Power Solutions engines. In addition, Scania offers and sells a broad range of service-related products and financing services.
The Application and Systems Support Specialist is responsible for day-to-day support of the main ERP application Auto Master and for supporting various web applications for Scania Ireland. As an integral member of the IT support team, this role will report to the IT Manager.
The successful candidate will assist with the ongoing digitalisation of the business and the roll-out of information technology projects to support the business in the Scania Importer and across the Irish market.
This is a broad role encompassing systems support, user management, application/ERP systems support. Duties also include providing Application and systems training to end users. Full training on the bespoke Scania Applications and systems will be provided to the successful candidate.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily.
- Attend to helpdesk application support calls and provide phone and remote support to end
- Support IT Manager in management of Scania applications and systems.
- Keep up to date with latest technology offerings & IT best practice in the ERP area;
- Maintenance of applications and support
- Assist with Scania applications user management, and support and training across the market.
- Provide basic troubleshooting for local desktop support
- Infrequently, some projects will require the flexibility to work on evenings and weekends.
- Any other duties as directed by the IT
Scania’s three Core Values apply to all positions:
|v Customer first||v Respect for the individual||v Quality|
To perform the job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies:
|Teamwork||Flexibility||Good Communication skills|
|Customer Service ability||Excellent Technology awareness||Problem Solving Ability|
|Keen to learn, absorbs information easily||High Ethical awareness||Good documentation skills|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Relevant third level qualification in an IT/Application Support/Web support discipline or equivalent relevant experience in Industry.
- 2+ years or more experience working in a busy support/helpdesk environment supporting varied applications and services.
- Microsoft or Comptia Certifications advantageous
- Knowledge of helpdesk systems, monitoring tools and use of IT best practice a bonus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The preferred candidate will have an avid interest in technology and be keen on always learning as part of the role.
- Excellent support, teamwork and communication
- Must be inquisitive and able to think quickly, analytically and utilise superior troubleshooting ability.
- Able to self-start in handling challenging issues under pressure and bringing problems to successful outcomes.
- Be aware of proper management of personal data and GDPR considerations.
- Good eye for
- Knowledge of reporting packages (PowerBI) desirable.
- Familiar with ERP/Business Information Systems management.
- Good project management, multi-tasking and time management
Attractive remuneration package and benefits available to the successful candidate.
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Competitive Company Pension
- Full training will be provided on the Scania application portfolio to the successful applicant
- Company provided laptop
Please email C.V to our IT Manager: Raymond.McDonnell@westwardscania.com
Closing date for applications is the 18/02/2022